From Mad Men To Mad Zen
On this episode of Let It Ride we connect with “Zen-howlie-mad-man” Larry Feinstein, whose life is a testament to the power of transformation and the pursuit of passion. His early career in the world of advertising was a high-intensity whirlwind of creativity and deadlines, a path that eventually led him to seek more fulfilling endeavors—including long, adventurous hair at high speeds.
Leaving his cush advertising job in New York City, he headed for the American southwest. On his journey he found a new sense of freedom in motorcycle riding and Zen Buddhism. In this show Larry Feinstein reveals how constant exposure to nature and a disposition of mindfulness led to his long-abiding blog, Mind And The Motorcycle.
What you'll hear about
- Being a “Mad Man” in the advertising world
- Hiding his long hair in corporate america
- Leaving NYC for the southwest USA
- Going full blown Hunter S. Thompson
- Lessons and revelations from nature