And We Don’t Call it a ‘Manbun’
Congratulations. You have long hair. You know this because you’ve reached the internationally recognized benchmark: it’s long enough to tie it up. But do you know how
to tie your long hair?
With great power comes great responsibility, and with great hair comes a pain in the ass, which is hair in your face.
You need to tie your long hair up sometimes, but not only that, you want to have some options. You’re a longhair, that means you’ve already decided to be different. You can and should try new and different long hairstyles for men with your hair.
That’s why we’re introducing the Longhairs Support Series. It’s purpose:
To give you options, tips and tutorials on what to do with your long hair.
Like how to tie your long hair, for example. Here’s the first installment.
Just like a ponytail, except we don’t ride ponies, and men’s long hairstyles should have manlier names than ‘manbun’ and ‘up-do.’
The menstail is probably the first way you’ll ever learn how to tie your long hair up. It’s a simple, basic, introductory tie. It pulls your hair back, gets it out of your face and keeps it under control.
This also covers the basics of using a hair tie, and that’s important. You’ve got a video tutorial immediately below, along with step-by-step still shots a little further down.
Let’s run that back, a little slower this time
1. Put your hair tie on the wrist of your dominant hand.
2. Use both hands to gently pull your hair together at the back of your skull.
3. Hold your hair at the base making a circle with the thumb and index finger of the hand your hair tie is on.
4. Use your other hand to grab the hair tie from your wrist; stretch it over your hand and hair, pulling your hair the rest of the way through.
5. You’re now holding the tie with your other hand. Stick 3-5 fingers inside the loop of the tie, give it a twist, then grab your hair with the fingers you’re holding the tie open with.
6. Once again stretch the tie over your hair with your opposite hand and pull your hair through. Repeat this one or two more times, depending on how much your tie stretches.
7. For a menstail: pull your hair all the way through on your last loop.
8. For a foldover: pull you hair only halfway through, folding it over on top of itself on the final loop.
9. Tighten it down if you want by pulling your hair apart in opposite directions right at the base of the hair tie. This will also add some swag to your foldover. Kind of like doing pushups before going to the bar.
There you go boys, that’s how to tie your long hair – for men. Rock that shit.
Superior Hair Ties For Men
You’re a man, with long hair. So why are you using the same hair ties as your little sister? Or your mom?
Your locks deserve a better hair tie. And we’ve got em. Introducing the finest men’s hair ties in the world: Hair Ties For Guys™.