Rugby Values Aren’t About Rugby
Our guest on episode 121 is the most decorated professional rugby player in United States history and longhair for life, Todd Clever.
You’ll hear his accolades in the intro, but whether you’ve played or you’re dimly familiar with rugby, you don’t want to miss this show.
It’s hard to pull highlights because the entire episode is f***ing awesome, but the list illustrates what you’ll hear about when you listen to Todd Clever on The Longhairs podcast.
What you'll hear about
- There is always room for the golf clubs
- Conservative parents and coaches who want “clean cut” hair
- Playing good rugby
- “If you want to play, you better cut your hair”
- Hair-pulling in rugby
Todd Clever's painful haircut of 2003
- 7s vs 15s
- The greatest thing about rugby
- “I got into rugby because I wanted to see the world” - 37 countries
- Rugby world cup is the third largest sporting event in the world
- The language barrier in international play
- Respect is respect in any language
- Being a global citizen shines through
- Who is the hardest/toughest league?
- Rugby in New Zealand is a religion
- Was the international community welcoming of an American rugby player?
A day in the life of a professional rugby player
- Taking your sleep seriously
- U.S.A. hosting the Rugby World Cup 2031 & 2033
- All hands on deck getting youth rugby into inner-city programs, YMCAs, clubs, cities, schools & colleges
- Diversity and inclusivity
- Rugby culture and its unique camaraderie
- What’s tougher? Football or rugby?
- Offensive linemen running with the ball
- The experience of a fully naked photo shoot for ESPN
- Will Todd Clever be at The Great Cut 2024?
“The values of rugby aren’t really about rugby…they’re about building good men and women.”
Or listenRight here, or find Let It Ride wherever you listen to podcasts.
“There may not be a linear path to playing rugby, but playing rugby is a pretty linear path to being a good person.”
The most decorated professional rugby player in United States history, a global and national ambassador to the sport, and a practitioner of the values of ruby.
The Todd Clever Foundation’s mission is to uplift and unite the rugby community through the core values of Passion, Teamwork, Enjoyment, Respect and Sportsmanship.
This episode of Let It Ride is brought to you by The Great Cut 2024, where The Longhairs and Todd Clever will attempt another world-record charity hair donation for Children With Hair Loss.
Bros On This Episode
Co-Founder, President & Chief Follicle Officer for The Longhairs, El Moreno is a husband, father, athlete and creator. He makes most of what you see and interact with on The Longhairs websites.
Co-Founder, CEO & Chief Manetenance Officer for The Longhairs, El Rubio is a writer, traveler, avid skier and athlete. He writes most of the words you read from The Longhairs.
welcome to the 2023 rugby nations world cup ( in France)
Definitely one bad ass dude.
Definitely one of my favorite shows to date!
Pleasure having you on the show Todd! See you at TGC 2024!